On Time Pledge
Having patients wait probably bothers me more than it bothers my patients”….Dr. Reath
Your Time is Valuable.
Each of us have been to a doctor’s appointment recently. Unanimously, the first thing we’ve all noticed is that making patients wait seems to have become an accepted practice in a doctor’s office. It is not at ours.
We Want To Keep You On Schedule.
Our mission statement has always been “We treat our patients the way we would want to be treated if we were the patient.” One of the ways we do this is by valuing your time and doing everything possible to keep our clinic on schedule. If someone does have to wait longer than usual, we communicate how long it will be and do our best to make it as pleasant as possible. Our patients are noticing the difference; we have been awarded the “On-Time Physician Award” the past three years in a row.
Awarded by Patients.
Here is what we’re doing to make our practice run on time:
- We don’t overbook Dr. Reath’s schedule assuming patients will no-show for their appointments. Instead, we work proactively by phone and text to confirm appointments so patients know where they are going and when.
- We have free convenient parking right next to our building.
- If something unexpected comes up a few days before your appointment and it looks like there may be a wait, we may call you so that you can have the option to reschedule to a less busy day.
- In the event that Dr. Reath is late from surgery, we will tell you what’s going on.
- We keep fresh coffee, sodas and bottled water on hand. We also provide wireless Internet and keep our waiting room stocked with current magazines you’ll enjoy reading, including some we’ve picked out especially for the guys. You can even take your magazine back to the room with you so that you can finish your articles. None of this makes the waiting shorter, but it sure makes it nicer.
Here is what you can do to help us stay on schedule:
- Please let us know ASAP if you need to cancel, especially if you are a new patient. It’s great to give us a heads-up if you are running late for your appointment.
- Filling out the patient forms before your appointment saves time and allows us to quickly make your chart and get you right back. We have the forms available for download here on our website if you don’t get them in your inbox.
- Please don’t bring babies or small children with you to your appointment (unless they are the patient, of course.) There are many health reasons for this besides having the practice run on time.
- If we call you to give you the option to move your appointment, please understand we are looking out for you. It’s part of our initiative to value your time by not having you wait unnecessarily.
Request a Consultation
David B. Reath, MD
Board-certified plastic surgeon David B. Reath, MD is renowned for his surgical skills and his commitment to public education. Practicing in Knoxville, Tennessee since 1986, his personal approach with patients is what truly sets him apart.
requesting a consultation
Back to top