Did you know that once we reach puberty, we have all the fat cells we’re going to have for the rest of our lives? That’s right. Adults don’t produce any new fat cells, even though we gain and lose weight throughout the years.
Losing weight makes fat cells smaller, but losing weight doesn’t make fat cells go away.
Fat cells are storage cells that get bigger or smaller, depending on how many calories your body uses. Losing or gaining weight does not increase or decrease the number of fat cells. Instead, it changes the size of the fat cells.
- After dieting and weight loss, fat cells get smaller, but the number of fat cells stays the same.
- The CoolSculpting fat-freezing procedure reduces the number of fat cells in the areas treated by 22% to 25%.
When you lose fat cells, either through CoolSculpting or liposuction, they’re gone forever. After your CoolSculpting treatment, you may not weigh less, but you’ll look thinner, and your clothes will fit better. When you see those stubborn fat bulges start to disappear, you’ll feel lighter in every sense of the word.
Now the bad news. Yes, those fat cells are gone forever, but it’s not a license to go overboard with meat-lovers pizza and Duck Donuts. If you don’t maintain a healthy lifestyle, you can gain weight after CoolSculpting, but it will be distributed among the fat cells left behind.
If you use CoolSculpting as a jumpstart and incorporate a healthy diet and regular exercise, you will be inspired by the changes you’ll see.
There is more great information in the Special Fitness Section of the 7th edition of our practice magazine, Your Beauty, which just hit the stands.
To get your free copy, just fill out the form here, and we’ll pop it in the mail to you right away.
Helpful CoolSculpting Resources:
- CoolSculpting Before and After Photos Men
- CoolSculpting Before and After Pictures Women
- A Very Cool Guide To CoolSculpting 40 PAGE eBOOK
- How to Find the Best CoolSculpting Practices
- The Real Skinny on CoolSculpting Applicators
- CoolMini for Double Chin and Armpit Puffs.
- CoolSculpting in the News
- Dr. Reath Gets CoolSculpting (Video)
- CoolSculpting vs. Liposuction vs. Tummy Tuck INFOGRAPHIC